Cronton Parish Council and Knowsley Borough Council are seeking the views of local residents and users of Cronton's main public park. The consultation will look at how the park could be improved in the future. It aims to ensure the masterplan adds as much value as possible to the community and that the quality of the green space supports quality of life in Cronton and surrounding areas.
We want to seek your views to help inform a refresh of the masterplan for the whole of The Pasture, which includes improvements to the playing fields, walking paths, play facilities, habitat works and other improvements to enhance the park. Views expressed in the consultation will help us to develop and deliver this.
The consultation closes on 1 December, 2021. Have your say here.
There is also an opportunity to get more involved with the work at The Pasture - volunteers are always welcome.
The Pasture Improvement Masterplan
The map above shows the proposed development items, which include:
- Perimeter path: width and surface to be agreed
- DDA Compliant path: link across the top of the slope
- Chainsaw sculpture trail: possible refreshment of features
- Boundary Fence: northern section repairs to address safety concerns
- Meadowland: address ongoing maintenance requirements
- Woodland & trees: address ongoing maintenance requirements
- Play Area: Refreshment, includes need to re-paint/repair fire damaged climbing structure in the toddler play area
- Entrance improvements: Including re-painting of pedestrian gate and perspex screen of noticeboard, also some tree crown lifting
- Playing fields / pitch drainage: Annual maintenance investment for verti-drain and sand dressing to aid drainage system installed.
- Drainage features for pitches features: revisited with path works
- Seating: Review of current seating and if any additional is required
- New wildflower areas