All information about services and provision for those with special educational needs and/or a disability [SEND] aged 0-25 can be found on the Local Offer.
Read the SEND 0-25 newsletters.
SEND Strategy 2018 - 2021
In Knowsley, our vision is for all children and young people to have the best start in life, thrive, aim high and achieve their potential. Naturally, we want the same for those children and young people who experience special educational needs and / or disabilities. The SEND Strategy 2018-2021 sets out how we intend to achieve this by working in partnership with our children, young people and their families. This will be achieved by addressing five key priorities:
- Joint working across all SEND services, partners and families
- Co-production with children and young people with SEND and their parents / carers
- Improve education, health and care outcomes for children and young people with SEND
- Ensure all young people with SEND make a successful transition to adulthood
- Improve the quality of Education Health and Care Plans
SEND IASS – Information, Advice and Support Service
SEND IASS services provide free and confidential impartial information, advice and support to disabled children and young people (from 0-15 years), and those with SEN, and their parents. SEND IASS also covers other issues related to special educational needs/disability (SEND) such as health and social care issues. Liverpool and Knowsley SEND IASS is a new combined service for residents of Liverpool and Knowsley and is delivered by WIRED. Services available include:-
- Telephone and email helpline service
- Information and support for parents, carers, children and young people
- Written information about Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Information sessions for parents and carers
- Advice and support relating to school admissions and appeals
Further information is available on the SEND IASS website.