What is Knowsley 2030?
Knowsley 2030 is the new long-term partnership strategy for the borough. It will set out what type of place we want Knowsley to be in ten years’ time, alongside an action plan detailing how this will be achieved.
When will it be launched?
The strategy will be launched in the summer of 2020 and guide the work of Knowsley Council and its partners over the next ten years. Its development is being overseen by the Knowsley Better Together Board; Knowsley’s strategic partnership, made up of representatives from the public, private and community sectors. The strategy is being co-produced with input from residents, businesses and local organisations from across Knowsley.
How was the strategy developed?
The strategy is the culmination of an extensive year-long process to gather information and better understand what our communities and businesses think of Knowsley today and what they want Knowsley to be like in 2030.
What are the key themes and findings?
From the evidence gathered so far, we have identified a number of key themes. They are:
- Aspirations and opportunities
- Education, training and careers
- Green spaces
- Health and wellbeing
- Jobs and skills
- Using regeneration and new developments to drive change
- Welcoming and safe communities
We have worked with our communities on these themes and by 2030, we (council, partners, residents, community groups and businesses) want Knowsley to be a place…
- … with a thriving, inclusive economy, with opportunities for people and business.
- … with welcoming, vibrant neighbourhoods and town centres.
- … where people are active and healthy, and have access to the support they need.
- … where people of all ages are confident and can achieve their full potential.
- … where safe and strong communities can shape their future.
Thank you to all of the residents, community groups, schools, local businesses and other partners who have taken the time to share their experiences of living, working or spending time in Knowsley.
How can I find out more?
There are still further opportunities to help shape the strategy. These will continue to be shared as this work progresses and you can keep up-to-date and follow the conversation on this page and @knowsley2030 on Twitter.