Nationwide Fencing Services, supply and install both permanent and temporary fencing systems throughout the UK, including Gates, steel palisade, mesh, acoustic and various timber options.
Key responsibilities for the role:
- Must be able to complete an apprenticeship framework in Business Administration.
- Work safely at all times complying with health and safety legislation, regulations, organisational and environmental requirements.
- Compiling bids, tenders, BOQ’s, requests of quotes. Generating folders and job and CRM reference numbers.
- Helping the estimator to collate cost of materials, transport, labour and equipment hire.
- Market research on market prices.
- Help to collate detailed costing information from internal and external department for everything needed on each construction project.
- Clarifying the client's needs and expectations and updating the CRM.
- Help to read plans and take scale measurements using manual or digital software.
- Making use of computer software such as Excel, Word.
- Liaising with others including project managers, planning the handover from the estimating team to the project team.
- Help present to clients and answering their questions.
- Involvement with completing PQQ’s and other pre-tender submissions.
- Involvement in the preparation of the quotations for work.
- General ad hoc office duties, copying, filing, call handling etc.
Key skills to be successful in your application are:
- Qualifications required/predicted Math and English at grade 4/C and above or level 2 equivalent
- The ability to take instruction
- Maths and English to a minimum understanding / competence
- Good understanding of Microsoft word, excel, share-point and the ability to understand cloud based industry-specific software
- Enthusiasm in abundance
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Good timekeeper
- Personable, responsible, proud and can demonstrate resilience
- Detail orientated
- Understanding of pressure and the importance of deadlines
- Problem solving
- Analytically minded
- Organised and methodical
- Good at record keeping
- An effective communicator both verbally and in writing
Location: L33 7TD
Contracted hours: 8am - 5pm
Hourly rate of pay: NMW
Closing date: 31 January, 2022
How to apply:
Top tips for filling in the application form:
- Research the employer offering the job. Find out what they do and what the job involves.
- Show the employer you understand their business by referring to them in your application, for example: "I am interested in developing skills in building maintenance and noticed you were successful in winning a large contract to maintain houses for a large housing association."
- Always read the job description for the job you are applying for before you start to complete the application form to make sure the information you include is relevant to the job.
- If you would like support completing your application form, please email email@example.com with the subject heading 'Application Support’.
- Before you start filling in your form, always check the instructions for filling in the application form.
- Make sure you take your time. Don’t rush as you may make mistakes!
- Prepare a draft of the application form before transferring the information to the actual form. If you’re filling it in by hand, make sure you don’t make mistakes on the original form for the employer.
- Make sure any writing is neat and easy to read, and check your spelling.
- Answer all questions and fill in all the boxes/spaces.
- If there are gaps in your employment history, say what you were doing during that time. If you've have never had a job, you could include examples such as voluntary work, or involvement with outside clubs or organisations.
- Make sure you sell your skills; this could also include things you have developed outside work such as interests and hobbies. This is an opportunity for you to promote yourself to the employer and is your opportunity to explain to the employer why they should employ you!
- Before you send off your application form, take a copy of your form, so you have this to look over if you get an interview.
- Ask a friend or relative to check your application form before you send it.