"St John Fisher is a warm, welcoming and thriving one form entry primary school situated in the heart of Knowsley Village, where every child is valued and every member of staff has high expectations of themselves and the potential of our children. We are very passionate about raising standards for all of our children and providing them with the best education. One which will support, challenge and enable them to fulfil their potential, equipping them with the skills they will need both academically and socially. Our curriculum is broad and is delivered in an engaging and creative way to create a learning environment that is enjoyable as well as purposeful.
We are looking for someone who is as equally highly committed with high expectations for work and behaviour. Candidates should be willing to make a caring and positive contribution to the school, be flexible, reliable and a consistent team player. They will be joining a friendly and highly committed team within a happy and successful school."
Key responsibilities for the role:
- Support pupils to access the curriculum in line with appropriate lesson plan/teacher direction.
- Provide support and meet the needs of pupil(s) in relation to welfare, health, hygiene, toileting, dressing, feeding, mobility and administering of medicines as required.
- Establish good working relationships with pupils, acting as a role model.
- Encourage pupils to act independently as appropriate.
- Be aware of and respond appropriately to individual pupil need.
- Encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher.
- Promote inclusion and acceptance of all pupils.
- Promote self esteem and independence.
- Accompany pupils on visits
- Administer basic first aid where appropriately trained.
- Must be able to complete an apprenticeship framework in 12 to 15 months
- Support Teacher, school and curriculum
Key skills to be successful in your application:
- Good standard of education including English and Maths
- Commitment to undertake apprenticeship framework in early years
- Willingness to undertake appropriate first aid training
- Interest in working with children and helping them learn
Location: St John Fisher Catholic Primary School
Contracted hours: 30 hours per week
Hourly rate of pay: National Minimum Wage
Closing date: Tuesday 16 February 2021
How to apply:
1. Download and complete the application form
2. Include the job reference you are applying for in the subject box of an email and send it to email@example.com
Top tips for filling in the application form:
- Research the employer offering the job. Find out what they do and what the job involves.
- Show the employer you understand their business by referring to them in your application, for example: "I am interested in developing skills in building maintenance and noticed you were successful in winning a large contract to maintain houses for a large housing association."
- Always read the job description for the job you are applying for before you start to complete the application form to make sure the information you include is relevant to the job.
- Before you start filling in your form, always check the instructions for filling in the application form.
- Make sure you take your time. Don’t rush as you may make mistakes!
- Prepare a draft of the application form before transferring the information to the actual form. If you’re filling it in by hand, make sure you don’t make mistakes on the original form for the employer.
- Make sure any writing is neat and easy to read, and check your spelling.
- Answer all questions and fill in all the boxes/spaces.
- If there are gaps in your employment history, say what you were doing during that time. If you've have never had a job, you could include examples such as voluntary work, or involvement with outside clubs or organisations.
- Make sure you sell your skills; this could also include things you have developed outside work such as interests and hobbies. This is an opportunity for you to promote yourself to the employer and is your opportunity to explain to the employer why they should employ you!
- Before you send off your application form, take a copy of your form, so you have this to look over if you get an interview.
- Ask a friend or relative to check your application form before you send it.
If you would like support completing your application form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading 'Application Support’