Busy community pharmacy based in the heart of Knowsley serving the local community, not only with dispensing medicines but also delivering healthcare services such as vaccinations (including a COVID-19 vaccination clinic) and all types of healthcare advice and support. Davey's is also in the process of developing several new and exciting healthcare projects.
Key responsibilities for the role:
- Must be able to complete an apprenticeship framework in Pharmacy Retail level 2.
- Greeting, serving and taking payments from customers for things like prescriptions, shop front stock and over the counter medication under the direction of a licensed pharmacist.
- Participate in all branch processes, such as checking, unpacking and shelving orders both in the shop front and in the dispensary.
- Ensuring that the entire shop is kept clean and tidy.
- Establishing relationships with customers , patients and healthcare professionals.
Key skills to be successful in your application are:
- Qualifications required are predicted / basic level maths and English.
- Polite and friendly manner.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Discreet and professional.
- Organisational skills.
- Excellent timekeeping skills.
Contracted hours: 30
Hourly rate of pay: NMW
Closing date: 28 October 2021
How to apply:
Top tips for filling in the application form:
- Research the employer offering the job. Find out what they do and what the job involves.
- Show the employer you understand their business by referring to them in your application, for example: "I am interested in developing skills in building maintenance and noticed you were successful in winning a large contract to maintain houses for a large housing association."
- Always read the job description for the job you are applying for before you start to complete the application form to make sure the information you include is relevant to the job.
- If you would like support completing your application form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading 'Application Support’.
- Before you start filling in your form, always check the instructions for filling in the application form.
- Make sure you take your time. Don’t rush as you may make mistakes!
- Prepare a draft of the application form before transferring the information to the actual form. If you’re filling it in by hand, make sure you don’t make mistakes on the original form for the employer.
- Make sure any writing is neat and easy to read, and check your spelling.
- Answer all questions and fill in all the boxes/spaces.
- If there are gaps in your employment history, say what you were doing during that time. If you've have never had a job, you could include examples such as voluntary work, or involvement with outside clubs or organisations.
- Make sure you sell your skills; this could also include things you have developed outside work such as interests and hobbies. This is an opportunity for you to promote yourself to the employer and is your opportunity to explain to the employer why they should employ you!
- Before you send off your application form, take a copy of your form, so you have this to look over if you get an interview.
- Ask a friend or relative to check your application form before you send it.