Vistry Partnerships are part of the Bovis Group, they are in the top 250 companies on the stock exchange.
They are a home builder and are building in Knowsley for two clients.
Key responsibilities for the role:
- Must be able to complete an apprenticeship framework in Site Management.
- Assist the Site Manager in the supervision of the day to day delivery of construction projects; quality, time, procurement, contractors including the supervision of sub-contractors and the monitoring of contractor attendance and progress providing direct instruction as necessary.
- Complete daily site physical and on-line paperwork including health and Safety forms and reports.
- Conduct site inductions for all visitors and contractors.
- Ensure high touch areas of the site are cleaned, including welfare facilities, in line with COVID Safe Operating Procedures.
- Ensure contractors have the necessary cards and qualifications to perform their job safely on site.
- Ensure all site personnel are working safely, stopping work if unsafe and speaking up to address any safety concerns.
- Ensure that detailed plans are followed such that materials and resources are available in order to meet the overall project plan.
- Ensure all materials delivered to site in a timely manner to meet production needs.
- Ensure that all additional work is identified and that the site team are fully aware of all potential opportunities and risks.
- Communicate any project issues/risks to site team to ensure that they are fully aware of project progress and are notified of all financial, specification and time risks.
- Embrace learning and development opportunities.
- Help to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Embrace sustainable practices relevant to your role, helping to identify opportunities for improvement.
Education, training or qualifications
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- A formal Construction qualification at level 3 or higher
- Valid SMSTS / SSSTS Certificate
- Valid First Aid at Work Certificate
- Valid Scaffold Inspection certificate
- CSCS Card
- Some experience of working on a construction site
- Experience working on new build projects
- Experience in the management of Health and Safety
Special skills or knowledge
- Up to date knowledge of Health and Safety obligations and building legislation
Interpersonal skills and attitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence people
- A strong interest in pursuing a career in Site Management.
Location: Halewood Site Office
Contracted hours: 37.5
Hourly rate of pay: NMW
Closing date: Wednesday, 4 August 2021
How to apply:
1. Download and complete the application form
2. Return it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Top tips for filling in the application form:
- Research the employer offering the job. Find out what they do and what the job involves.
- Show the employer you understand their business by referring to them in your application, for example: "I am interested in developing skills in building maintenance and noticed you were successful in winning a large contract to maintain houses for a large housing association."
- Always read the job description for the job you are applying for before you start to complete the application form to make sure the information you include is relevant to the job.
- Before you start filling in your form, always check the instructions for filling in the application form.
- Make sure you take your time. Don’t rush as you may make mistakes!
- Prepare a draft of the application form before transferring the information to the actual form. If you’re filling it in by hand, make sure you don’t make mistakes on the original form for the employer.
- Make sure any writing is neat and easy to read, and check your spelling.
- Answer all questions and fill in all the boxes/spaces.
- If there are gaps in your employment history, say what you were doing during that time. If you've have never had a job, you could include examples such as voluntary work, or involvement with outside clubs or organisations.
- Make sure you sell your skills; this could also include things you have developed outside work such as interests and hobbies. This is an opportunity for you to promote yourself to the employer and is your opportunity to explain to the employer why they should employ you!
- Before you send off your application form, take a copy of your form, so you have this to look over if you get an interview.
- Ask a friend or relative to check your application form before you send it.
If you would like support completing your application form, please email email@example.com with the subject heading 'Application Support’