"Our school is a small and friendly one-form entry primary school situated near to the historic town of Prescot in Knowsley, Merseyside. We pride ourselves on the successes that all of our children have, and on ensuring that each of our children receives an education that meets their individual strengths and needs. Our vision statement is “Life in all its fullness through learning and love.”
Key responsibilities for the role:
- Supporting teaching and learning for the children of our school
- Supporting and maintaining the positive, Christian ethos and core values of the school, both inside and outside the classroom
- Supporting pupils with their numeracy
- Supporting pupils with their literacy
- Supporting pupils with their ICT skills
- Being involved in displays and preparing resources
- Helping children who need extra support to complete tasks
- Understanding the Safeguarding and Behaviour Policy
- Working with children aged four to 11 years
- Supporting a teacher in various roles within the classroom
Key skills to be successful in your application:
- Qualifications required/predicted minimum of 9-4 / A*-C GCSE Grades in maths and English or equivalent
- Must be able to complete an apprenticeship framework in Teaching Assistants
- Be happy to support and promote the school’s aims and Christian ethos
- Ablility to develop good personal relationships within a team
- Ability to conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times whilst working in schools.
- Be reliable
- Have a smart appearance
- Have a professional attitude
- Have a level of maturity with working in a school environment will be required
- Be ambitious and hard working
- Have a desire to be a positive role model to young people
- Have competent skills in numeracy, literacy and ICT
- Be keen to develop own skills and knowledge further through continuing professional development
- Have communication skills relevant to both children and adults
- Ability to self-manage and organise your own time
- Show a personal commitment to working in a church school environment
This post has significant access to children and young people and as such the successful candidate will be expected to undergo a DBS check.
Contracted hours: 30 hours (Term Time)
Closing date: Wednesday 1 July 2020
How to apply:
1. Download and complete the application form
2. Return it via email to email@example.com
Top tips for filling in the application form:
- Research the employer offering the job. Find out what they do and what the job involves.
- Show the employer you understand their business by referring to them in your application, for example: "I am interested in developing skills in building maintenance and noticed you were successful in winning a large contract to maintain houses for a large housing association."
- Always read the job description for the job you are applying for before you start to complete the application form to make sure the information you include is relevant to the job.
- Before you start filling in your form, always check the instructions for filling in the application form.
- Make sure you take your time. Don’t rush as you may make mistakes!
- Prepare a draft of the application form before transferring the information to the actual form. If you’re filling it in by hand, make sure you don’t make mistakes on the original form for the employer.
- Make sure any writing is neat and easy to read, and check your spelling.
- Answer all questions and fill in all the boxes/spaces.
- If there are gaps in your employment history, say what you were doing during that time. If you've have never had a job, you could include examples such as voluntary work, or involvement with outside clubs or organisations.
- Make sure you sell your skills; this could also include things you have developed outside work such as interests and hobbies. This is an opportunity for you to promote yourself to the employer and is your opportunity to explain to the employer why they should employ you!
- Before you send off your application form, take a copy of your form, so you have this to look over if you get an interview.
- Ask a friend or relative to check your application form before you send it.
If you would like support completing your application form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading 'Application Support’