"We are a global reference group in low carbon energy and services. With our 170,000 employees, customers, partners and stakeholders, we are committed every day to accelerating the transition to a carbon-neutral world through more energy-efficient and environmentally friendly solutions. Guided by our raison d'être,we balance economic performance with positive impact on people and the planet by leveraging our key businesses (gas, renewable energy, services) to offer competitive solutions to our customers."
Key responsibilities for the role:
- Must be able to complete an apprenticeship framework In Level 2 Facilities Services Operative
- To provide administrative and operational support to the Facilities Manager, Senior Management Team, and other members of the Operations Team.
- Assist with management of office housekeeping
- Assist departments in the administration of information required for SLA/KPI’s and monthly reports.
- Assist in the administration and maintenance of personal files.
- Support Helpdesk team when necessary
- Planning / co-ordination of meetings on and off site.
- Provide services to the FM Operations Team for meetings / committees and terms of agenda, preparation, minute taking and any follow-up action required.
- Produce routine reports/presentations/statistical data for the Facilities Manager / Senior Management Team to assist with the effective management of the contract.
- To act as an initial point of contact for callers and visitors.
- To establish and maintain effective paper and computer filing systems.
- To undertake word processing, spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations as required.
- To carry out the ordering of office supplies and other sundries.
- To carry out other duties requested by the Facilities Manager/Senior Management Team in order to maintain the effectiveness of the FM Operations Team.
- Plan, arrange management and produce documentation for company vehicles and business users.
- Control min/max technical stock including reordering and controlling deliveries.
- Carry out purchase ordering and receipting using Maximo/COUPA.
- Ability to undertake and manage a number of wide ranging tasks at one time
- Prioritise tasks according to the needs and demands of the operation
Key skills to be successful in your application:
- At least Level 1 or equivalent in English and Maths
- Good communicator with interpersonal skills and ability to build strong working relationships
- Excellent organisational skills and strong work ethic
- Strong competence in use of Microsoft Excel & Word
- Able to take a positive approach to problem solving
- Able to cope with and introduce change positively
- This role requires proof of Eligibility to work in the UK
- Previous experience within an Administrative Role preferred
- Knowledge of a PFI Environment would be advantageous though not essential
Contracted Hours: Full-time
Hourly rate of pay: National Minimum Wage
Closing date: Friday 7 May 2021
How to apply:
1. Download and complete the application form
2. Return it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Top tips for filling in the application form:
- Research the employer offering the job. Find out what they do and what the job involves.
- Show the employer you understand their business by referring to them in your application, for example: "I am interested in developing skills in building maintenance and noticed you were successful in winning a large contract to maintain houses for a large housing association."
- Always read the job description for the job you are applying for before you start to complete the application form to make sure the information you include is relevant to the job.
- Before you start filling in your form, always check the instructions for filling in the application form.
- Make sure you take your time. Don’t rush as you may make mistakes!
- Prepare a draft of the application form before transferring the information to the actual form. If you’re filling it in by hand, make sure you don’t make mistakes on the original form for the employer.
- Make sure any writing is neat and easy to read, and check your spelling.
- Answer all questions and fill in all the boxes/spaces.
- If there are gaps in your employment history, say what you were doing during that time. If you've have never had a job, you could include examples such as voluntary work, or involvement with outside clubs or organisations.
- Make sure you sell your skills; this could also include things you have developed outside work such as interests and hobbies. This is an opportunity for you to promote yourself to the employer and is your opportunity to explain to the employer why they should employ you!
- Before you send off your application form, take a copy of your form, so you have this to look over if you get an interview.
- Ask a friend or relative to check your application form before you send it.
If you would like support completing your application form, please email email@example.com with the subject heading 'Application Support’.