"We are a family run boutique bar & grill restaurant in Knowsley Village looking for experienced chefs with a good knowledge of food and kitchen operations.
The role will encompass all elements of kitchen management, cooking, ordering, dish creation & ensuring that all dishes are completed to the highest standards. Applicants must have excellent personal hygiene and present themselves well and must be able to work as part of the team and multitask and work unassisted.
We are team players and love to create the best working environment possible as well as on-going training for all of our team. We strive to put culture and purpose at the heart of our business to ensure we offer the best possible experience for our employees and visiting customers."
Key responsibilities for the role:
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in co-operation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously in a hi quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulation and health and safety food hygiene standards.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with co-workers and customers
- To contribute towards the smooth running of kitchen at all times
- Maintain a high standard of food presentation
- Maintain a high level of kitchen and food hygiene
Key skills to be successful in your application:
- We are looking for chefs with a good knowledge of food and health and safety. You will need to be able to work under pressure with a calm disposition in a busy friendly environment.
- The roll will encompass all elements of kitchen management, cooking, ordering, dish creation & ensuring that all dishes are completed to the highest standards.
- Applicants must be NON-SMOKERS have excellent personal hygiene and present themselves well and must be able to work as part of the team and multitask and work unassisted.
Location: Knowsley Village
Contracted Hours: 40
Hourly rate of pay: NMW for wage
Closing date: 12 July 2021
How to apply:
1. Download and complete the application form
2. Return it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Top tips for filling in the application form:
- Research the employer offering the job. Find out what they do and what the job involves.
- Show the employer you understand their business by referring to them in your application, for example: "I am interested in developing skills in building maintenance and noticed you were successful in winning a large contract to maintain houses for a large housing association."
- Always read the job description for the job you are applying for before you start to complete the application form to make sure the information you include is relevant to the job.
- Before you start filling in your form, always check the instructions for filling in the application form.
- Make sure you take your time. Don’t rush as you may make mistakes!
- Prepare a draft of the application form before transferring the information to the actual form. If you’re filling it in by hand, make sure you don’t make mistakes on the original form for the employer.
- Make sure any writing is neat and easy to read, and check your spelling.
- Answer all questions and fill in all the boxes/spaces.
- If there are gaps in your employment history, say what you were doing during that time. If you've have never had a job, you could include examples such as voluntary work, or involvement with outside clubs or organisations.
- Make sure you sell your skills; this could also include things you have developed outside work such as interests and hobbies. This is an opportunity for you to promote yourself to the employer and is your opportunity to explain to the employer why they should employ you!
- Before you send off your application form, take a copy of your form, so you have this to look over if you get an interview.
- Ask a friend or relative to check your application form before you send it.
If you would like support completing your application form, please email email@example.com with the subject heading 'Application Support’.