"Structec (NW) Ltd is an award winning Merseyside based building and maintenance contractor carrying out projects and works for Local Authorities and Housing providers across the North West of England.
Our Company places great emphasis on delivering building and maintenance works by using professional management techniques and modern business systems to achieve our quality management, customer satisfaction standards and performance targets."
Key responsibilities for the role:
- Communicate with customers and act as a reassuring point of contact for any issues, log correspondence as well as confirming appointments.
- Log and close projects on the company project databases and SAGE Accounts System.
- Collate client handover project packs including gathering all appropriate subcontractor certification.
- Evaluation of weekly timesheets, calculation of hours and entering of data onto Sage Accounts System.
- Create and issue work weekly programmes to site operatives.
- Monitor company fleet navigation software and reallocate operatives to site works when necessary.
- Co-ordinate and mobilise subcontractors across various projects works.
- Create and issue purchase orders to suppliers.
- Work with Management Team to help develop and improve existing systems and supporting business processes.
- Produce client reports such as Key Performance Indicator (KPI), Non-Conformance (NCR) and Project Status reports to ensure contract specifications and service levels are achieved.
General Day-to-Day Duties
- Answer phones and take messages or deal with enquiries immediately.
- Office supplies, help to maintain stock or arrange re-supply.
- General filing & office organisation.
Key skills to be successful in your application:
- GSCEs - A to C (or equivalent) including Maths and English
- BTEC lLvel 3 or equivalent
- Experience with MS Office Application, MS Outlook and Windows
- Current or working towards full UK or EU Driving
- A flexible team player and must be an enthusiastic self-starter and with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Happy to work under periods of pressure in a fast-moving environment
- Good time keeping.
Closing date: Friday 7 May 2021
Location: North Mersey Business Centre, Woodward Road, Kirkby, L33 7UY
Hours: 40 hours per week
How to apply:
1. Download and complete the application form
2. Return it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Top tips for filling in the application form:
- Research the employer offering the job. Find out what they do and what the job involves.
- Show the employer you understand their business by referring to them in your application, for example: "I am interested in developing skills in building maintenance and noticed you were successful in winning a large contract to maintain houses for a large housing association."
- Always read the job description for the job you are applying for before you start to complete the application form to make sure the information you include is relevant to the job.
- Before you start filling in your form, always check the instructions for filling in the application form.
- Make sure you take your time. Don’t rush as you may make mistakes!
- Prepare a draft of the application form before transferring the information to the actual form. If you’re filling it in by hand, make sure you don’t make mistakes on the original form for the employer.
- Make sure any writing is neat and easy to read, and check your spelling.
- Answer all questions and fill in all the boxes/spaces.
- If there are gaps in your employment history, say what you were doing during that time. If you've have never had a job, you could include examples such as voluntary work, or involvement with outside clubs or organisations.
- Make sure you sell your skills; this could also include things you have developed outside work such as interests and hobbies. This is an opportunity for you to promote yourself to the employer and is your opportunity to explain to the employer why they should employ you!
- Before you send off your application form, take a copy of your form, so you have this to look over if you get an interview.
- Ask a friend or relative to check your application form before you send it.
If you would like support completing your application form, please email email@example.com with the subject heading 'Application Support’.