“Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.”
Key responsibilities for the role:
As a Scaffolding Apprentice you will begin by being based at one of our housing developments whereby you will receive site-based training combined with construction college training. You will study for qualifications whilst you are working. Your Apprenticeship programme will last for 3 years.
- Must be able to complete an apprenticeship Level 2 Scaffolding.
- Gain experience of scaffolding activities at the site.
- Fixing the scaffolding to the building or structure to make it more stable, using short 'tie tubes'.
- Fixing guard rails and safety netting.
- Taking down the scaffolding after a job is finished.
- Working as part of a scaffold team.
- Ensure that all relevant health, safety, environment requirements are adhered to.
- Obtain and train to acquire CISRS Part 1 Basic Scaffolding and corresponding CISRS card.
- Gain experience maintaining Scafftag records.
- Health and Safety qualification.
Key skills to be successful in your application:
- The ability to work in a well organised and accurate way.
- An awareness of safety issues, especially when working at height and carrying loads.
- The ability to work as part of a team and with other tradespeople.
Contracted Hours: 39 per week
Hourly rate of pay: National Minimum wage for age
Closing date: 15 July, 2022
How to apply