"In just over 70 years, Bellway has grown from a small, family-owned firm to one of the most successful house builders in the UK. Today we directly employ more than 2,000 people and have earned an enviable reputation, built on the pillars of quality, service and trust.
Working under the direction & guidance of an experienced supervisor, carrying out all aspects of joinery work on new builds, refurbishments and reactive maintenance. The job holder will works towards a Level 2 NVQ in Carpentry & Joinery."
Key responsibilities for the role:
Installation of the following on designated sites:
- Wooden fixtures & fittings
- Floor joists and floorboards
- Door frames and doors
- Skirting and architrave
- Roof trusses and partitions
Working under the direction of an experienced trades person, learn the process of understanding drawings and work in accordance with specifications.
Work as part of a team and use materials safely.
Demonstrate commitment to excellent customer service by being polite, showing respect for property, maintaining expected standards of work and ensuring workspace is kept tidy.
Undertake Health & Safety training as required.
Follow Health & Safety policy and procedures including the wearing of personal protective equipment (PPE) when necessary.
Key skills to be successful in your application are:
- GCSE MATHS AND ENGLISH AT GRADE 4/C
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand and follow instructions
- Ability to work as part of a team and support colleagues
- Ability to adapt to change
- Ability to maintain confidentiality where necessary
- Able to be flexible in work activities, location and hours of work
Contracted Hours: TBC
Hourly rate of pay: National Minimum Wage
Closing date: 15 July 2022
How to apply