Bryken is a machined parts company which constantly changes and adapts to the requirements of our customers. Our machine shop consists of over forty six new CNC machine tools manufacturing parts for a wide variety of customers. The company has grown since inception in 1982 by it's current owner, to a major supplier to many different companies and industries. Profits are reinvested in new machinery and facilities. With a workforce of around one hundred the company had a turnover of £12.0M for 2015.
Key responsibilities for the role:
- Must complete an apprenticeship framework in Engineering.
- You will be trained to read and interpret prints, routings, layouts, and related documents to produce component parts that meet design specifications in order to satisfy company quality standards.
- You will be trained to set-up and operate all jobs routed to the assigned machines with no assistance and meet the production standard required for the given depppartment.
- You will be trained to perform various machine functions such as turning, milling, drilling, reaming, threading.
- Check work within close tolerances and inspect component parts to print using precision measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers, thread gauges, plug gauges, comparator, etc. throughout the process.
Key skills to be successful in your application are:
- Must have GCSE Maths and English at Grade 4/C or above
- Team player
- Active problem solver
- Excellent attention to detail also good dexterity
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Contracted Hours: TBC at interview stage
Hourly rate of pay: NMW
Closing date: 15 July 2022
How to apply