"The Sensory Hive has been established by parents of children with neurodevelopmental conditions, who have backgrounds in Education and Occupational Therapy. Our mission is to transform the lives of individuals living with sensory processing difficulties using Sensory Integration therapy.
Our services are for individuals with sensory processing conditions and additional needs and include a sensory gym, an immersive interactive room, occupational therapy assessments and treatment, Lego-based therapy, baby massage and sensory classes, educational workshops, hobby clubs and a family support group.
We are not a childcare facility but we do provide a safe environment for children and adults with additional needs to learn and play under the supervision of their parents or carers. We have a new position open from September 2021 for a full-time Therapy Centre Assistant who will work towards a Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship."
Key responsibilities for the role:
- Must be able to complete an apprenticeship framework in Customer Service.
- Work as part of the centre team to ensure a welcoming and friendly environment for service users and their parents and carers at all times.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with service users, staff, parents, carers and line management.
- Play an active part in the team, working collaboratively to ensure the smooth running of the service.
- Work as part of the centre team to deliver services and activities which provide sensory integration and regulation, education, health and family support. Training will be provided.
- Take payment and keep an accurate record of service users entering/exiting the centre.
- Ensure all service users are made aware of the 'rules of play' and safety issues on entering the sensory gym and immersive interactive area, using their preferred communication method. Training will be provided.
- Supervise activities in the sensory gym and immersive room, and assist those who may require additional support to access the equipment, including use of hoists. Training will be provided.
- Support parents and carers in understanding their child’s developmental needs and the importance of play and movement.
- Assist in the setting up and clearing of rooms for activities and creating and updating wall displays.
- Ensure equipment checks are done in line with risk assessment. Training will be provided.
- Maintain appropriate records and evaluation of equipment and sessions.
- Assist in preparing and serving drinks and snacks in the servery area. Training will be provided.
- Ensure a high level of cleanliness at all times throughout the whole of the centre, in line with Covid Safety Measures.
- Ensure the data & record keeping requirements of the therapy centre are adhered to in line with The Sensory Hive’s GDPR policy.
- Work within the framework of Safeguarding Children and Child Protection policy and procedures.
- Deliver services within a fully inclusive equal opportunities framework, adhering to The Sensory Hive’s Equality and Diversity Policy.
- Carry out her/his duties with full regard to the setting’s Health and Safety (including Covid safety measures) and confidentiality policies and procedures.
Key skills to be successful in your application:
- Qualifications - predicted/working towards GCSE Grade C / Grade 4 English and Mathematics or equivalent.
- Confident when working with individuals with physical and hidden disabilities.
- Ability to work independently and to manage own time efficiently.
- Ability to communicate confidently with a wide range of people, including staff at all levels, service users, parents/carers, line management and others.
- Committed to equal opportunities for all service users, their families and carers.
- Have a polite, friendly, caring and approachable manner.
- Patient, supportive, calm and non-judgmental.
- Communicate sensitively with service users, their families and carers.
- Enthusiastic, innovative and able to motivate others, working as part of a team.
- Motivated to develop and maintain high quality provision and practice.
- Committed, trustworthy and reliable.
- Understand the importance of confidentiality
- Able to accommodate any flexible working hours that may be required, including extra hours at required periods.
- Knowledge, understanding and/or practical experience of caring for children, young people or adults with additional needs and/or disabilities.
- Experience working or volunteering in a setting for children, young people or adults with additional needs and/or disabilities.
Contracted Hours: 37.5 hours pw
Hourly rate of pay: NMW
Closing date: 15 July 2022
How to apply