“Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.”
Key responsibilities for the role:
As a Carpentry Apprentice you will begin by being based at one of our housing developments whereby you will receive site based training combined with attendance at college. You will study for qualifications whilst you are working. Your Apprenticeship programme will last for 3 years.
- Understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction
- Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment
- Can read and interpret working drawings
- The ability to pay close attention to detail and make accurate measurements
- Installing floor joists, roof trusses and wall partitions
- Fitting interior woodwork e.g. staircases, doors skirting boards, kitchens
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction
- Lay out floorings, roofings or drywalls ensuring they are leveled and compatible
Key skills to be successful in your application:
- The ability to work in a well organised and accurate way
- An awareness of safety issues, especially when working at height
- The ability to work as part of a team and with other tradespeople
Contracted Hours: 39 per week
Hourly rate of pay: National Minimum wage for age
Closing date: 15 July, 2022
How to apply