Public car parks are located in Prescot, Kirkby and Huyton town centres. Bicycle parking is also available at many shops, town centres, train stations and public buildings in Knowsley. Charges apply for all public car parks in the borough.
Car parks and charges
There are two types of car parks in Knowsley:
- Short-stay car parks for parking up to three hours (no return within 1 hour) except Kirkby Market car park, where maximum stay remains 1 hour.
- Long-stay car parks for parking up to 9 hours.
Car park charges operate Monday – Saturday, 8am – 5pm (except bank holidays).
The charges are:
- Up to 1 hour: 60p
- Up to 3 hours: £1.20
- Over 3 hours: £2.40
Purchase a ticket from any machine in the car park and display it clearly on your dashboard. If you park where you shouldn’t or without displaying a valid ticket, you risk receiving a Penalty Charge Notice of £50 or £70, reduced to £25 and £35 if paid within 14 days. The levels of penalty charges are set nationally. Penalties for other offences, including parking in a disabled bay without a valid badge and parking outside marked bays, also apply. Take a look at the Guide to Parking Enforcement to find out more.
Car park locations
- Lathom Road multi-storey car park (short stay: levels 1 and 2, long stay: levels 3 – 7)
- Archway Road (short stay)
- Huyton Hey (long stay)
Huyton town centre parking map (PDF)
- Kirkby multi-storey car park, Norwich Way (short stay: levels 1 – 2, long stay: levels 3 – 8)
- Hall Lane (short and long stay available)
- Kirkby Market (short stay, maximum 1 hour)
- Kirkby Centre (short stay)
- Irlam Drive (short stay)
Kirkby town centre parking map (PDF)
- Mill Street (short stay)
- Cyprus Street (short and long stay available)
- Moss Street (short and long stay available)
Prescot town centre parking map (PDF)
Disabled spaces are clearly marked. Blue badge holders are not exempt from parking charges and must purchase a ticket, but are allowed a free hour in addition to the standard maximum parking times.
Cycle park locations
Parking for standard bicycles is available at:
- Cronton: The Shopping Parade and Parish Council
- Halewood: Halewood Leisure Centre, Halewood Library
- Huyton: Huyton Suite, Huyton Train Station, King George V Sports Complex, Knowsley Leisure and Culture Park, Huyton Library, Huyton One Stop Shop, Huyton Municipal Buildings, River Alt Resource Centre, Huyton Shopping Centre, Training and Conference Centre
- Kirkby: Business Resource Centre, The Shopping Parade, Kirkby Library, Kirkby One Stop Shop, Kirkby Shopping Centre, Kirkby Train Station
- Knowsley Village: Civic Centre, The Shopping Parade
- Page Moss: Housing Office, Page Moss Library
- Prescot: Cables Retail Park, Civic Centre and Leisure Centre, Prescot Library, Prescot Shopping Centre and One Stop Shop, Eccleston Street, Prescot Train Station
- Stockbridge Village: Stockbridge Village Library and Shopping Centre
- Tarbock: Parish Council
- Whiston: Whiston Library, Town Council and Community Centre, Whiston Train Station
Getting around in Knowsley
If you want to know more about cycling in Knowsley, as well as walking and public transport in Knowsley - please visit our area dedicated to providing travel information - Getting Around in Knowsley.