Knowsley Council’s Environmental Sustainability Service (ESS) provides a programme of environmental education programmes aimed at:
- promoting environmental sustainability principles
- supporting curriculum delivery
- raising student’s attainment, attendance, motivation, aspiration and behaviour.
- supporting early years development
- improving mental and physical wellbeing by encouraging participants to connect with the natural world
With our experienced and engaging team, participants will take part in practical and fun activities within and outside the classroom enabling them to research, plan and implement projects that have clear developmental, educational and health benefits.
We offer the following sessions
- Early years outdoor learning
- Environmental education sessions
- Love where you live
- Slim your bin
- Climate change and carbon reduction
- Eco schools
- Cutting carbon, cutting costs
- Other services – waste reduction and recycling, park activities
Guide to environmental education and support sessions
What our customers say
“Knowsley ranger service has been a fantastic asset to the science curriculum in our school. As a teacher, I have used
this service for 29 years at the two schools I have taught. I cannot recommend Knowsley ranger service enough.”
Mrs Chadwick, Plantation Primary School.