Knowsley City Learning Centres provide ICT led curriculum activities and projects to schools either in a CLC or in your school. Lesson and activity plans are available and a resource booklet is published to help schools to plan the support they want (bespoke sessions can be developed on request). We offer a wide range of mobile technologies for use in these sessions – arrangements can be made for schools to loan or hire the equipment for independent use. CLCs can also offer eSafety awareness sessions to learners. All of our activities have been developed and modified, in partnership with schools, to meet specific requirements and are designed to be age appropriate. Sessions are also available for teachers, governors, parents etc. We also provide a comprehensive staff ICT Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programme and training opportunities.
What we offer
ICT Delivery: Knowsley CLCs offer a wide range of facilities and expertise that support teaching and learning activities using existing and emerging technologies. We employ specialists in creative media who can provide schools with advice, training and projects.
Staff Continuing Professional Development (CPD): our CPD activities focus firmly on results, bringing benefits in the classroom and confidence in the use of technology.
eSafety: we deliver presentations and activities, developed by CEOP (Child Exploitation Online Protection), to provide young people with a greater understanding of the potential risks when using the web and the skills to stay safe online.
The following packages all include:
- One place per school on the Learning Technologies Forum
- Access to our electronic resources via our website
- Two case studies produced each term
- Advice on using the latest technology in the classroom
- Discounted rates on future bookings
Option one: standard
- Eight full days of ICT delivery
- Ten staff Continuing Professional Development (CPD) training credits
Option two: enhanced
- Twelve full days of ICT delivery
- Twenty staff Continuing Professional Development (CPD) training credits
Option three: enhanced plus
- Eighteen full days of ICT delivery
- Thirty staff Continuing Professional Development (CPD) training credits
- Delivery of one ICT led inset day
We appreciate that every school has different requirements. If you are interested in a package please contact us and we will do our best to design a support package that meets your requirements. We are committed to offering value for money and high-quality services.
Extras (if appropriate)
- ICT led delivery – Knowsley CLCs will deliver of ICT led lessons or projects for schools
- Web design and development – our team has experience in developing web solutions to meet your objectives, from single websites to interactive web applications
- Film production – whether it’s capturing your events, producing your promotional videos or filming your documentaries/ news reports Knowsley CLCs can film and edit this for you
- Mobile equipment –all of our equipment is available for loan/hire* (conditions apply) and include a full demonstration/training in how to use it (where necessary)
- Duplication services - our DVD/ CD printing and duplication service has been developed to produce the highest quality finish with the fastest possible turnaround at competitive prices
- Room hire – Knowsley CLCs have a number of rooms available for meetings or training sessions, all rooms are equipped with interactive whiteboard/ projector, wireless connectivity and have Macbooks/Laptops available upon request
- Out of school Activities – we can support your after school or holiday clubs, we have extensive experience in this field and use ICT to engage and enthuse children.
What our customers say
‘We have worked with the CLCs for several years and each year they surpassed our expectations, none more so than when they delivered sessions to our upper juniors. The sessions were engaging and challenging, yet set at such a level that all children could access the work. We are delighted with the service the CLC provide and would recommend them wholeheartedly to any establishment looking for a bespoke, professional and purposeful learning experience.'
Blacklow Brow Primary
Get a quote or find out more
Contact Gary Melia on 0151 443 2155, email firstname.lastname@example.org or request more information
← View all services